Splash Screen Randomizer is a simple tool that launches in the background at startup and swaps out the Welcome Splash screen with a random splash screen from a folder that can be defined by you.
How To Use:
When you install Splash Screen Randomizer It will create a folder in /My Documents/Splashes (You can change this folder after install if you want) Depending on which version you download you may have 1 splash screen or 13 in your splashes folder. The normal version only includes the splash screen that I released a while back called Merlin XP(which accounts for 200KB of the cab size). While the other has one of nuthin's splash screens and a whole bunch of black_shadow69's.
You can change the Splashes directory by launching "SplScrnRndStg" from the Programs menu. At this point you can change the settings manually by editing the .xml file in the "Program Files/SplashScreenRandomizer" Folder.
What's new in this release:
· Now use ANY of the major image formats(.bmp,.gif,.jpg,.jpeg,png,.tif) as your splash screen(the image is scaled and saved as a .png in your splashes folder)
· The settings screen is now drawn dynamically(i.e. no scrollbars should be displayed when in portrait or landscape mode)
· .bmp and .png files will be displayed/randomized if they are in your splashes folder
· option added to replace your default splash(original splash is saved to your splashes folder)
· Optimized code in several places and reduced overall size
· Due to it's size, the default splash included with the smaller version is black_shadow69's black version
Note: If you had version 0.7.5 you should uninstall it first and delete the directory called "SplashScreenRandomizerSetup" in your program files(you don't have to do that from 1.0 on) before installing the new version.
Download Links:http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SSONXLXT Mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/107365053/S ... 3.2008.CAB < And HERE is the .CAB file >